Are you more in the South African or Japanese mode of using the Internet?

• 21 April 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

According to Digital 2022: Global Overview Report an average Internet user spends almost 7 hours each day using the Internet.

For South Africa this rate is the highest - almost 11 hours!

Check out the whole report and find out more intereseting facts about the digital growth in the past decade. 

Drop a line and let us know where you position yourself on this chart :) 

9 replies

Taking into account my job - I am more south than South Africa :)

Userlevel 5
Badge

@Lukasz Winnicki yes, I bet we all choose to believe that it’s becuase of our jobs 😅

Userlevel 1
Badge

Median fixed internet connection speed in South Africa in 2022: 29.73 Mbps 

Median fixed internet connection speed in Poland in 2022: 85.30 Mbps

That’s why they spend so many time: waiting for the pages to load 🤣

Userlevel 3

If I had a choice, I wouldn’t use the Internet at all - I’m one of those rare cases who don’t like ANY technology and could just live in the forest. It’s impossible, unfortunately, at least for me (all the spiders and ticks, uh! ;)), so I have to act civilized.

But yeah, I may be close to South Africa - unless it’s holidays! When I’m travelling, I usually don’t use the Internet at all or only when I really, really need to.

Userlevel 5
Badge

@Johnny 🤣

Hands up who remembers the old school dial up Internet sound? 

🙋🏽

Userlevel 2

Omitting work - for sure Japanese mode! 
The health balance is crucial for me so log out to offline mode give a lot of advantages :) 

Userlevel 2
Badge

On my workdays for sure South Africa, but I think it’s standard for people working in companies connected with modern technology. On weekends much closer to Japan ;) 

@Johnny 🤣

🙋🏽

I spent 2k bill in 2002 using dial-up internet - I did it two times - the first and the last at the same time ;-)

Userlevel 5
Badge

@Johnny 🤣

🙋🏽

I spent 2k bill in 2002 using dial-up internet - I did it two times - the first and the last at the same time ;-)

@Filip Kliszczyk ouch… 😅