[New editor] Some suggestions

Related section: Improvement

Hello,
A few days ago I started to use the new editor. I have some suggestions to improve it further:
- set, for the text, a common style, applied to the whole layout - e.g. able to set a font-family at the layout level (body settings) would allow to optimize the time, instead of always having to change the text setting in each block (font-family, font-size, color, etc.).
- In the text styles, in addition to the plain text, the various heading tags (from 1 to 6) are available, but I don't understand if the styles of the various heading tags can be customized globally - I assume not, because in the body settings I don't see any such option.
- Assign a custom name to the sections inserted in the template.
- Edit in HTML each element/widget inserted in the template. I've seen there is only the option to generate the HTML of the whole template, without the possibility to edit it in the editor.

Thank you in advance :-)

Hello,

Thank you for bringing this topic to our attention. I have already submitted that case to our R&D department as a proposal and potential improvement of this functionality in our new Email Design Studio. Opinions of our clients regarding the development of the system are extremely important to us, as it allows us to constantly meet your expectations. If we decide to introduce such a solution, we will inform you immediately.

Best Regards,

Marcin Gruczyński 

Hello Marcin, thank you for your kind reply :-)

Best,

Diego

Dear Diego,

I am back with feedback after considering your suggestions related to improving our Email Design Studio wizard. To achieve the first two suggestions, we recommend using the Style Manager, which allows you to define the default appearance of each widget available in the Email Design Studio. This way, when you create a new email, you don’t need to configure individual widgets from scratch: when you drag and drop a widget into the email body, it already has all the properties defined in the Style Manager. You can easily switch between different styles, even within the same email.

Why use the Style Manager

• Save time and effort when creating new emails.
  • Ensure consistent brand communication.
  • If your company owns two or more brands, you can easily differentiate between their branding styles. Use the Style Manager to create a separate style for each brand and switch between the styles whenever you create a new email.
  • If your emails are going to have a special design for a longer time (e.g., the two months during which you are going to promote your new product collection), you can define a new style specifically for this campaign and save yourself time and effort each time you create a new email.

To access the Style Manager, go to the Email Design Studio and select the appropriate tab on the main menu:

We recommend reading this article of how the Style Manager works and how it can be useful to you. → https://support.salesmanago.com/email-design-studio-style-manager/

Following on from the third suggestion, it is already possible to save every email element you create when using the Library. If you know that you will use certain email elements repeatedly, across many emails, you don’t need to waste time creating them from scratch for each new message. The Email Design Studio allows you to collect such elements in your own Library. You can add these saved elements to newly created emails to save time and ensure consistent messaging.

You can add a section or a widget to the Library. When the element is ready (including all formatting, margins, etc.), just click on it and select Save from the side menu:

Enter a name for the element and click Save.

TIP: It’s important to have a good naming convention for items saved in the Library. Discuss it with your team!

The element will appear in the Library section of the main menu:

For more on the Library, see the guide link  https://support.salesmanago.com/email-design-studio-library/

However, when it comes to being able to edit in HTML any element/widget inserted into the template, we are in the development stage.Thank you again for your suggestions. 

Best Regards,

Marcin Gruczyński

Hi Marcin,

Thank you for your feedback.

I was already familiar with the Library section, not the Style Manager section :-)

Best,

Diego

Dear Diego,

I am glad to have been able to help. I hope it meets your expectations. Have a great time using the platform!

Regards,

Marcin Gruczyński